To obtain a position with a fun, passionate, and creative web or mobile development team building high quality products.
- Sublime Text, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Xcode
- OS Environments
- Windows, Mac, Unix (Ubuntu, CentOS)
Front-End Web Development
- Create responsive websites for desktop browsers and mobile devices.
- Create and test sites in several different browsers depending on project requirements.
- Create optimized websites using minimal requests, optimized images and css spriting.
- Create sites with semantic markup.
- Use CSS3 properties for enhanced visual effects in modern browsers.
- Slice designs into assets from Adobe Photoshop mockups.
- Create and implement custom WordPress themes or implement and modify downloaded themes.
Back-End Web Development
- Create dynamic PHP and database driven web sites.
- Work in custom PHP content management system.
- Use both SVN and Git version control systems in team environment.
- Transition procedural PHP framework to a custom object oriented MVC framework with a primary focus on views.
IOS Mobile App Development
- Develop iOS apps using Xcode for sale on Apple App Store based on design mockups.
- Use Objective-C to complete apps using provided graphic assets.
- Create wireframes based on project specifications to improve communication during product planning stage.
Search Engine Optimization
- Manage Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics accounts for several web properties.
- Investigate and solve SEO issues.
- Use Google Analytics API to generate monthly reporting.
- Utilize microformats to provide additional information to search engines.
- Create web mockups using Adobe Photoshop.
- Create and edit web-related graphics such as buttons, icons, images and logos.
- Create vector graphic and logo's using Adobe Illustrator
- Maintain VPS hosting for commercial and personal websites running WHM and CPanel.
- Optimize WordPress site with rapid growth implementing Memcached caching and CDN asset distribution.
- Ad optimization based on colors, fonts and locations for maximum revenue and user experience.
- Implement Google AdSense, Google Link Units, Google Custom Search Engine, Google Custom AdSense, Google Custom Link Units, Chitika Multi Product Units and Kontera Ads.
- Create HTML email templates.
- Assist with Lyris ListManager duties. Setup lists, use ListManager web interface and ListManager API to modify lists, list members and mailings.
- Utilize time management skills and ability to multi-task to expedite numerous projects for the organization effectively.
- Work well in both independent and team environments.
April 2006 to Present
Senior Web Developer
- Worked on 30+ different web properties. EzineArticles.com is the largest traffic generating website.
- Tasks include front end web development, back-end web development, database management, email marketing, graphic design, iOS mobile app development, search engine optimization, advertising and project management.
- Lead developer for all advertising related programming projects for all of SparkNET’s websites.
- EzineArticles.com, PressExposure.com, SparkNET.net and several others.
- Apple iPhone apps that are available on the Apple App Store include Racquetball Journal and Black Friday Companion.
2002 to Present
CG-Host Web Host / Freelancer
- Full website development service.
- Website administration on a managed VPS server.
- Provide e-mail hosting.
- Work with clients to create solutions fitting their needs.
- Long-standing employee who was part of SparkNET's growth from about 10 employees to more than 80 employees.
- EzineArticles.com was one of the top 100 most traffic sites in the world at its peak.
- Built a custom content management system with a team of developers that supports millions of articles written by hundreds of thousands of authors, up to 2 million visitors per day, as well as nearly 50 editors and team members.
- Attend local meetups such as Web920 meetups in Green Bay.
- Attend conferences such as PHPTek in 2009 and UXMad in 2012.
- Use social media outlets such as Twitter and Google+ to follow industry leaders.
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Major: Computer Science
Minor: Information Sciences